Coming up with new Halloween ideas every year is not easy. But luckily you can do a lot with a little bit of makeup. Here are some makeup tips and tricks that scream Halloween, and make your costume pop.
1. Ombre Lips:
Ombre has been a huge fashion trend this year, and is also great for Halloween lips. It adds volume to your lips, as well as looking dark and spooky.
Here’s how to do it:
– We recommend MAC’s classic lipstick, MAC Red
– After you’ve applied your lip stick, add dark blue, purple, or black eyeshadow to the outer corners
– Blend it gradually with a brush or your fingers to create an ombre effect
2. Dramatic Cat Eye:
Are you being a cat this year? Or wearing false lashes? Or anything a little sexy? You’re going to want to complete the look with a dramatic cat eye.
Here’s how to master it:
– Place a business card, or any stiff paper, diagonally alone the outer edge of your eye.
– Once you have decided the right angle for your face, use liquid or pencil eyeliner and follow the line of the business card for a smudge-free, perfect cat eye.
3. Halloween Eyes:
If you have no idea what to be, but want to participate in the festivities, halloween eyes could help you out. Get a little playful with your eye shadow and eyeliner to create something unique!
4. Face Sculpting:
Don’t be scared to play up your bone structure, especially on Halloween. A face sculpting powder that is a darker shade than your natural skin tone will give you those hollowed out check bones you want this Halloween.
We recommend: MAC’s Sculpting Powder Pro Palette
5. What you can do to make it last:
– Make-up setting spray will keep your hard work looking perfect all night.
– Avoid SPF face lotion or foundation for the night. Their reflective particles will make you as pale as a ghost in photos taken with flash!
– Oil blotting strips like Sephora’s Blotting Papers are easy ways to get the shine off your face as you dance through the night, and wont remove your makeup.